Brass Fastener Washers
- Brass, Copper, Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminium
- For preventing galvanic corrosion, particularly by insulating steel screws from aluminium surfaces.
- For Structural Reinforcement.
- Used for ground bonding where a metal lug or object must be electrically bonded to a surface.
- Used in plumbing for tap fittings.
- Metallic or non-metallic, the tab washer notch prevents rotation relative to the shaft or fastener.
- To distribute the pressure of the nut evenly over a surface without damage.
- To ensure that the nut is pressed against a smooth surface to reduce the chances of loosening over time.
- Require hardened steel washers to prevent the loss of pre-load due to Brinelling after the torque is applied.
- Ensure a tighter join with a lock washer, or pre-load it with a wave washer.
- Depending upon material, Brass Washer also insulate, seal or provide an electrical connection.