Brass Fastener Nuts
- Brass, Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper, Aluminium
- Almost always used in conjunction with a mating bolt to fasten multiple parts together.
- In applications where vibration or rotation may work a nut loose.
- used in automotive, engineering, and industrial applications usually need to be tightened to a specific torque setting, using a torque wrench.
- Prevent Self Loosening.
- Available with a threaded Hole.
- A wide variety of nuts exists, from household hardware versions to specialized industry-specific designs that are engineered to meet various technical standards.
- Brass Nuts are graded with strength ratings compatible with their respective bolts.
- Eg. An ISO property class 10 nut will be able to support the bolt proof strength load of an ISO property class 10.9 bolt without stripping.
- The preload pulls the nut threads against the bolt threads and the Nut face against the bearing surface, with a constant force.
- The tightening procedure should be used if effective locking is to be achieved.
- Ensure that the full strength of the bolt is developed rather than a premature failure from thread stripping.