Brass Button Head Rivets
- Material: Brass, Copper, Steel, Aluminium
- Widely utilized in applications where reliability and safety are important.
- Ideal for permanent installation in heavy manufacturing.
- Most commonly specified rivet head style because of its low profile, neat and finished appearance.
- An Open end rivet is simple to install.
- It joins the material by pulling the mandrel head into the rivet body and expanding the rivet body on the back side of the material.
- As a low cost, tamperproof and uniformly set fastener, Brass Button Head Rivets won’t torque out like a threaded fastener.
- Provides greater bearing surface for fastening soft and brittle facing materials and oversize facing holes.
- Common head styles are oval, truss, round, button, universal, pan, countersunk and flat.
- Can be coated after installation to help resist corrosion.
- Solid Rivets set permanently with either a hammer or rivet press.
- They expand in the hole to securely lock two or more parts together.
- Works well with soft materials, where the increased flange diameter protects the integrity of the application.
- The shank of the rivet can be produced with a straight cut-off or a chamfered cut-off end.
- A die point can be manufactured into the shank end to aid alignment during assembly.